ADVANTAGES OF SECURING A GREEK PERMANENT RESIDENCE (PR) PERMIT
- Schengen Zone membership
- Much lower tuition costs in European countries
- A very high standard of local education, including excellent English-speaking private elementary and high schools that are directly linked to overseas educational institutions.
- Great time to invest: rising property prices, high capital gains, and growing rentals
- 428 Blue-flagged beaches
- 6000 islands and isles, perfect for island-hopping
- The ideal location for many kinds of outdoor activities and sports
- World-renowned cuisine and wine that is both healthy and delicious
- Relaxed lifestyle, with friendly and hospitable people
- Excellent medical facilities and domestic transport connections
- Cost of living is low relative to other European countries
- Laws and regulations are becoming more and more “investor-friendly”
Plan your trip to Greece
To start the process of obtaining Greek residency, you must visit Greece with a valid visa from your country of origin. If you do not currently hold a Schengen Visa or a Type D National Visa, we can assist you in acquiring one.
A typical visit to Greece in this step is usually three or four days long. During this time you will follow a bespoke itinerary, prepared for you by us, in which you will view properties, meet with lawyers, and open a bank account (if applicable).
Property selection and legal work
In order to be eligible for the visa, you must make property investment in Greece prior to your application.
Once you select a property through Liberty Group, our well-established lawyers will take care of the application process, conveyancing, and legal work for the property.
After this point, the application can be processed from within Greece by the client’s lawyers under power of attorney.
Provided everything has been done correctly at this stage, you will not need to visit Greece again to collect your residence permits.
The application process takes approximately 40 days from the time of investment until the residency permit is issued.
REQUIREMENTS AND RELEVANT DOCUMENTS
To successfully complete your application, you will be required to provide the following relevant documents:
- An application issued by the relevant local authority of the property and “residency in Greece” of the applicant.
- Three recent coloured photos.
- A true copy of your passport and a copy of the visa of entrance to the country.
- A health certificate from a Greek public hospital or a private doctor verifying that the applicant does not suffer from a disease which can be considered a danger to public health.
- A copy of the contract of sale for the purchase of a property or properties amounting to 250,000 Euros.
- A certificate from a notary stating that the contract of sale applies to the provisions of article 6 paragraph 2 of law number 4146/2013.
- Certificate of transfer from the local land registry.
- Certificate issued by an insurance company confirming that medical and hospitalization expenses are fully covered.
Police clearance certificate.